May 14, 2005

Myst V Preview Trailer

My jaw nearly hit the desk when I saw the post about the Myst V trailer on Mystworlds last night. I immediately downloaded it. Although I've seen much worse, some of the pre-rendered animations looked dated and fake, movement was jerky, and some of the other shots looked more like something from Final fantasy X or World of Warcraft. Needless to say, that's not the Myst I'm hoping for (and please change the EAO logo font...please!). Fortunately, we've got some extra info from RAWA about the trailer that will probably alleviate your fears. I wish Ubi marketing had simply let Cyan do the trailer themselves—it would've been so much better that way. But for now, I'm pretty much ignoring what I've seen in the trailer and waiting for something better from Cyan. Although I consider Ubi's Myst IV trailer to be the most impressive at first glance, I think one of the coolest game trailers I've seen is Cyan's final trailer for realMYST...it just gives me chills. I can't wait to see what they've got coming...

1 Comments:

Blogger Deg said...

The Myst V trailer is years beyond the Uru and M4 trailers. But the Myst III Teaser still holds a special place in my heart (right next to the realMYST trailer).

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home