May 16, 2005

Outrage and Violence

Good 'ol Newsweek. Last week, they reported that U.S. interrogators at Guantanamo Bay flushed a copy of the Quran down a toilet to get their captives talking. Although I wouldn't consider this a form of "brutal" torture as Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah said, if someone flushed a Bible down a toilet in front of me, yes, I would be more than appalled. So I can understand the outrage of the Muslim world upon hearing of this report. Because of Newsweek, Americans are now looked at even more as cruel and evil, desecrators of the Muslim's holy book. Thanks a lot, guys. Whose side are you actually on? Seems to me you jumped at a story that made the U.S. military look bad, and now you're paying for it. Just one more incident in the history of an anti-American media.

1 Comments:

Blogger james said...

Ha ha!! I laugh! Serves them right! (Newsweek, I mean).

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home