July 10, 2005

Longhorn Preview

Some Longhorn screenshots have been leaked. Of course, I'm being critical and I know this isn't even in beta yet, but if this is an indication of Microsoft's next offering, I think they'll be losing some marketshare. Mac OS X is way better looking and much more intuitively laid out than Longhorn. Some of the graphics looked a bit more refined, but other aspects are definately a step down from Windows XP (see-through menus, anyone?). If Apple can regain their footing after the Intel switch, I think lots more people may look toward the Mac.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deg said...

Looks cool to me. I just hope it's not too cluttered on lower resolutions (if anyone still has those).

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not that bad. It looks a lot like XP but I'm sure most of the changes are behind the scenes...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Yeah, I know the eye candy isn't everything. Those behind-the-scenes changes may make Longhorn pretty valuable. It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft puts into it.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home