July 28, 2005

Myst V Preorder

Yesterday, MystVGame.com added preorder links for Myst V in both the standard and special editions. Myst V standard will come for $49 and the special edition is a whopping 59 smackers. Forty-nine is bad enough, and usually I wouldn't want to pay any more than that for a game. However, I think the boring white cover of the standard edition is atrocious, so the collector's edition gets a few extra brownie points in my book for the cool black and red, giving the box a slightly ominious feel, appropriate for a game titled "End of Ages." The collector's edition includes:
  • A 22-minute video, made by GameTap, offers a retrospective look at the making of the entire franchise.

  • The original game soundtrack transports fans to the ambient worlds of Myst whenever and wherever they like. (A near must-have...)

  • A collector's art piece provides a frame-able keepsake from the worlds of Myst. (woo-hoo!)

  • The official strategy guide helps new and old explorers progress through this final adventure.
Sixty bucks *choke*? I think I'll swing it, unless I get it for my birthday. I mean, hey, this is the last one *sniff*.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deg said...

I think Myst V is trying to beat out Myst III: Exile for having the best collectors edition ever. (I was disappointed with the collectors editions for Half-Life 2 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.) Now if they packaged the Myst V calendar with the game, then they would have won (but probably lost a lot of money).

8:06 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I thought the Myst III collector's edition was pretty sweet, but the Myst V does look even more appealing to me. I think the extra $10 will be well worth it for the soundtrack and collector's art alone, tho I hope Tim Larkin would lean a bit more Riven-ish to this last job. Hopefully, I'll be able to hold out on the strategy guide and just read it once I'm done. I would've loved the calandar too--they did a beautiful job on it, but I'll gladly take it without :-)!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know how I felt at the end of Revenge of the Sith...

J

12:01 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Si...the end of all things. However, I think there's a chance that both Cyan will return to Myst in the future, and George Lucas will eventually return to his beloved Star Wars (can you say, Knights of the Old Republic movie?)...

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home